Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Friday, May 23, 2014

2 Years Down!


     School officially ends for this school year on Wednesday, but because we are going to be in Destin then, it ended for me today! I officially have 2 years of teaching experience. The 2 years could not have been more different. I was terrified going into this school year, a new grade, maternity leave, trying to learn from my first year mistakes, but it turned out to be an amazing year! I love my Kinder-babies so much, and I was sad to see them go!

    This week has been insane! Monday, I had to benchmark my students' IRL levels and individually test for report cards, while keeping the others occupied somehow. Tuesday, we had playday, and I had to begin packing up my classroom and turning in items. Wednesday, we had a field trip to Fort Pillow Park. Thursday, we had field day, and permanent records had to be done, and today, I had to finish packing up my classroom and make sure everything was ready for summer break. I also spent a lot of time just enjoy my kiddos. We did sidewalk chalk, watched movies, and I even brought them over to the first grade playground to play for a few minutes since they are going to be first graders very soon!
     The girls both had crazy last weeks, too. Payton got a double ear infection last week that she was still getting over at the beginning of this week, Rylee got severe poison ivy last Friday and spent all week trying to get over that, then developed high fever and cough, so she had to miss school Wednesday and Thursday. She was very excited to be able to go to school and see her teacher and all her friends for her last day today, though! Hopefully they can both stay well throughout our vacation next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment