Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Saturday, October 6, 2012

If I had a super power..

       I would want the ability to travel through time. I wouldn't want this power in order to change anything, I would just go back and relive certain moments over and over again. I want to go back and hold Rylee when she was still a little baby. I can't believe how quickly she's grown up on me!
       This is Rylee around this time 2 years ago. She was so much fun at this age. She loved tummy time, and she babbled all the time. She loved to talk! She was such an early talker, and now her vocabulary is so extensive, it astonishes me at times.
          This is Rylee around this time last year. She hadn't started walking on her own yet, but she was very mobile. She was still a "baby." She loved to snuggle with me. She still ate some baby food, and rice cereal for breakfast every morning. She still did things that babies do, even though she was approaching toddler-hood.
       This is Rylee now! Definitely not a baby anymore! I love everything about this child. She is so smart, curious, and determined. She learns so quickly. She knows so many things, and she learns new things everyday. She is becoming more social and less timid. She has her own opinions about what to wear, what to eat, and what to do. She makes choices for herself. I just can't believe how fast this has all happened. I love every minute that I spend with her, and I love her big personality.
       But sometimes I just want to go back for even just an hour or so and spend some more time with my little baby. I want to snuggle her and hear her little baby babble. I want to feed her a bottle, change her, and swaddle her up in a little blankie. I love my big girl so much, but I do miss my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment