Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Love Story

    Ryan and I met in the fifth grade when we were both in Mrs. Hendren's class. We weren't really friends or anything; we just knew each other existed. Then junior year of high school, we were in Pre-Calculus together. He got on my very last nerve! Hahahahaha! I remember telling Mrs. Martha that I just HAD to go to sleep in that class because if I had to listen to him and his remarks I would lose it! Of course, I was overly dramatic like any other seventeen-year-old, but it is so funny to us now how much things have changed.
     Senior year, we had AP Calculus together. There were only nine of us in there, and it was a full year class, so we all got pretty close throughout the year. I actually started to think some of Ryan's silly remarks were funny--SOME of them! Ha! Second semester, Ryan and I had EVERY single class together. I told him that it was destiny, and we were now best friends. We started talking a lot and realized we had a lot in common. We never even thought about being anything more than friends (at least I didn't ;)), but we had definitely become really good friends. The very last day of class in Advanced Mixed Choir, I started crying because I really liked choir, and it was our very last concert and I felt like it was going to suck because our normal director, Mr. Patterson, was having some heart problems, and wasn't going to be able to make it, and all anyone did in class was argue, not rehearse! Ryan made me laugh and gave me a hug, and it was a really sweet moment. Instinctively, I kissed him on the cheek and thanked him for being so sweet. I know this sounds cheesey, but it gave me butterflies, and, at the time, I was seeing someone else, so I couldn't figure out why, and I just ignored it. After graduation, we didn't talk very much because we are both kinda anti-social, and apparently he had feelings for me, and I still was dating someone else, so he didn't really want to be around me. We saw each other at University of Memphis's orientation. We hung out in a group, but we didn't really get a good chance to talk. 

      The summer went along, I went through a pretty rough break-up and decided to move out into my very own apartment. School started and I had a class with Ryan's roommate, Will, who we also went to high school with. Will and I got along pretty well and our class together was pretty awful, so we talked a lot to try and make it through. We were pretty good friends and had hung out a couple of times over the summer, so we just continued to be friends as usual. He and Ryan didn't take to living together very well, so I listened to him complain about Ryan from time to time and wondered what Ryan had been up to. I didn't have any classes with Ryan, so we didn't really talk until about halfway through the semester. Then he asked me to go to lunch with him and we went and we ended up sitting in a booth talking for two and a half hours. I guess we missed each other. ;) We made plans to meet up again in a few days and register for classes together, and we went our separate ways.
     After we got done registering for classes, I asked Ryan to go eat with me and he agreed, but he didn't have any money so he refused to order anything, he just sat in there with me. Haha! After we ate, I drove back to his dorm to drop him off and we ended up sitting in the parking lot listening to music and talking for hours. Then it happened: we kissed. "Take Me With You" by Secondhand Serenade was playing on a CD in my car, and there was a pause in the conversation, he looked at me and kinda leaned his head, and I just kissed him. It was a crazy, everything is going to change now, kind of moment.  After that moment we were inseparable. That day was November 11, 2008. Two days later on November 13, Ryan asked me to be his girlfriend. Three years ago today. :) The rest is a roller coaster of ups (and a few downs) that led to the altar six months later and happily ever after ever since. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment