Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

      Happy Independence Day! We had a marvelous holiday with lots of people we love!
      We started out the day by swimming over at Nonna's and Granddaddy's. Liz and Kaden came to swim, too, and Brandon even stopped by for a minute. We had lots of fun in the sun! Then Liz and Kaden went home, we laid Rylee down for a nap, had some lunch, and got back in the pool until Rylee woke up. It was a blast.
      Once Rylee got up from her nap, we headed home to freshen up, and then we headed over to Granny's and Paw Paw's for a family BBQ! We has way too much delicious food. Afterwards, we were entertained by Rylee who was being a little ham as usual.
      Once it got dark Ryan, Rylee, and I headed back over to Nonna's and Granddaddy's to shoot off a few little fireworks. We had fun, but Rylee really didn't like them, so she went inside to lie down and watch cartoons as we finished up outside.
      We really had the best kind of day. I love spending so much time with family. I am incredibly grateful to have so many wonderful people who love us and sweet Rylee Love unconditionally. It is so valuable to me.
     By the way, did you notice that I am a brunette? I just decided it was time for a change. So many things are changing in our lives right now, I thought. "why not?" I have dyed my hair darker before two other times, but I lightened it back to blonde within a few months each time. I don't know if I will go back blonde anytime soon, I am liking this new color. It just seems right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment