Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Gettaway

       I began work last week with new teacher orientation. I was off on Friday, so we headed out to spend the 3-day weekend with my parents and Mary and Bailey. We had such an great time. It felt really good to get away and spend some time with my family.
       We got there just in time for lunch on Friday. After lunch, Rylee laid down for a nap and my dad and Mary each had to head to work. After Rylee got up from her nap, my mom took Bailey, Rylee, Ryan, and I to a local park. The girls had SO much fun together. We ended up staying at the park for 2 hours! They just ran around and played and played until they could play no more. It was so much fun watching them play together, and we all played with them, too. After we finished playing at the park, we headed to the restaurant where Mary works and had dinner. They were pretty busy, and it was fun to see her in action. I was pretty impressed. The food was good, of course the service was GREAT, and the girls even behaved themselves.
     Saturday, Mary, Bailey, my mom, Ryan, Rylee, and I headed to a nearby state park that has a beach and swimming area. The girls had a lot of fun playing in the sand, and even more fun in the water. After we swam, we had a lunchable picnic at the park. It was a lot of fun. Both girls passed out on the way home. When we got home, Mary had to go to work and my dad was already at work, so we had a quiet night in and watched some TV while the girls played and played. They played so well together this whole trip.
      Sunday morning, my Aunt Shannon and Uncle Rod arrived from New York. It was their first time meeting the girls. They came bearing gifts, so the kids warmed up pretty quickly. We spent the morning catching up, and the girls played some more. After lunch, it was time for us to head home. We were sad to go, but we had a great time.
     Today I started teacher inservice. I am so excited about meeting my class next week! I cannot wait to see what this school year has in store. I know my kids are going to do great, and I know that even if I don't do great at first, I will learn! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment