Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

     Today is my 3rd Mother's Day being Rylee's mommy. I feel so blessed that God chose me to mother her. I am looking forward to next year which will be my first mother's day as Payton's mommy. I can't wait to meet her!
         Today was a great day. Yesterday, I got my gifts. Rylee made me a jar with her hand print on it at school. It is so adorable! "Rylee" (Ryan) got me flowers and donuts yesterday, too. I love all my gifts! :) Rylee also made me a card today at church. We heard a great sermon, then we took Ryan's mom out to lunch for mother's day. It was fun.
       This whole weekend has been absolutely perfect. Friday, we got to see Miss Payton at the baby doctor, and yesterday we took a trip to the zoo with Liz, Brandon, Kade, Mary, and Bailey. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day weekend!
    I think the most important thing about being a mother is that it is a learning process. This year I have learned how important acceptance is when it comes to parenting, and how detrimental comparison can be. All children are not the same, not even close. Accepting your child for who they are, how God created them to be, and realizing that a difference in personality traits is not a flaw make parenting a lot smoother. Rylee has quirks like every child. She is not bad, but she can't be expected to be perfect. I love her for who she is every minute of every day. I love her quirks. I love her personality. And I love her more than words can express. She can be one of the most loving, compassionate children on the planet, if she's given a chance to warm up. And anyone who isn't willing to give her that chance is really missing out. She has so much wisdom for someone so small. She teaches me something everyday, and I am forever grateful that she is mine. I thank God for guiding me as I raise her, and I pray that with each mistake I make, the lesson learned helps me and her to grow as human beings and as children of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment