Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Monday, May 27, 2013

School's Out!/Memorial Day Weekend

 
 

      School's out! I made it through my first year of teaching, and I am so excited about spending all summer with my sweet girl! I have learned so much in this year, much more than my students, I am sure, but nonetheless, it was the hardest year of my life, but also the most rewarding. I am so thankful for my job, and very glad to be returning next August.
     But in the meantime, there is summer fun to be had! Last week, Mel and Austin came down for a visit, and it was a blast. It was the first time that Austin and Rylee really played together, and they had a ball! Friday night, we had a cookout at Granny and Pawpaw's, and for the first time in a long time, I think since Thanksgiving, the whole family was together. It was so much fun. The 3 kids had so much fun playing together. I can't believe how fast they've grown!
    Today is Memorial Day, so we had a cookout over at Liz and Brandon's and let our 3 kiddos play. These 3 are definitely best friends. They ran and laughed and played the entire evening. They didn't slow down for a second except to eat and then they were right back at it. I love these 3 kiddos so much, and I enjoy watching their special bond grow each and every day.
     This weekend is only just the beginning of a summer full of fun times, but the best thing is I get to spend every single day with my sweet girl! I love these little breaks when I get to be a stay-at-home-mom!! I am going to make the most of every minute because before long I will have 2 very special girls to give all my love and attention to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment