Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015

     2015 is coming to an end. We celebrated at Liz and Brandon's for the 4th year in a row. We always get home before the "crazies" are out, but we have a blast nonetheless. Tonight we played games, watched football, ate chilli, and laughed A LOT. I love family time.
    2015 has been one heck of a year. It started out very, very rough. In the first week of 2015, my BABY suffered from a concussion, and had to undergo a head xray and CT scan. Then, I thought I was going to lose my baby brother, the person who was my best friend from his birth until I was married, but thankfully I was able to witness a miracle first hand, and he pulled through stronger than ever. I took my first plane ride and taxi ride during that whole process, and I survived being away from my kids for almost 4 days. As the year went on, I got fed up with my job and tried as hard as I could to grin and bear it as it pushed me deeper and deeper into stress and anxiety. I was able to resign and accept a new position, a fresh start, which came with it's own stresses and anxieties (although not NEARLY as many ;)). I have hurt more and prayed more than ever before, but I have grown stronger in my faith and closer to the ones I love because of it. I have struggled with anxiety and depression for my entire life, and for the first time in a long time, I feel like I can survive anything. 2015 tried to break me, but it only made me stronger. That being said, I am truly hoping for a "sweet '16"!

    2015 wasn't all bad, I gained a brother in law and a step-nephew. And sweet baby Levi graced this world with his presence. I am thrilled about how our family had grown and how much love has been given over this year. I am not the same person I was this time last year, and after a year like this one, I know without a doubt I will never be the same again, but I think that might be for the best. I look forward to seeing what 2016 has in store for us. I pray the worst is behind us, but I have faith that even if it isn't, everything will be alright, one day at a time... Happy New Year, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment