Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Saturday, July 9, 2011

An Interesting Week

      This week has been pretty typical, but it did involve a few firsts. Rylee colored for the first time yesterday!! I haven't trusted her with crayons yet because I was scared she would eat them, but she didn't even try to put them in her mouth! She actually made marks on the paper by banging the crayons against the paper. Of course, her first masterpiece found itself on the fridge!
      Unfortunately, another first this week was her first big accident. Of course she's had minor scrapes and bruises that come along with her becoming more mobile and bumping into things. However, this one was a bad one. When she first started pulling up on things, she would always try to pull up in the bath. Of course, I discouraged this, and she really hasn't tried to stand up in our bath tub in over a month. I left the bathroom for less than 30 seconds to run and go warm her milk for her bedtime bottle, like I do every single night. (I know I'm not gonna win any parent of the year awards for being so careless. I understand that it only takes a second for an accident to happen, and believe me, I feel completely awful and will NEVER leave her in the tub again.) Then, I heard the worst thing I could possibly hear, a crash, a splash and her flailing under water. I run into the bathroom as fast as I can and she is face down in the water struggling to get up, and there is blood on the rim of the tub! I completely FLIPPED! I pulled her out of the tub and thankfully she hadn't aspirated any water, she wasn't coughing or anything, but she did hit her mouth on the rim of the tub when she fell and it was obviously pretty sore. She was screaming and shaking, she was so scared! My poor baby!!! I gave her some orajel and a baby lotion massage and then she calmed and went to bed. I felt absolutely HORRIBLE. I cried from the time she went to bed just before 9 until after my husband got home just before 12. It just completely frightened me how quickly things can change, and I couldn't bare the though of her hurting because of my stupidity.
     But a good thing about this week is that Rylee got to have lots of time with her Aunt Mel!! She got to see her Monday for the Fourth, Tuesday for a visit, and most of the day today! Today we went swimming early in the day, then tonight the 3 of us went to dinner at El Patio. Our server was absolutely amazed that Rylee was eating salsa by the spoonful. He actually asked me if her father was Mexican because she took spicy food so well. Haha! After dinner, we went to the mall for a second to check out a pretty cool store, Burke's Outlet, and Rylee was such a good girl that I hadda get her some dessert! A very small piece of chocolate fudge! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment