Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Saturday, January 12, 2013

Back to the Grind

 
     Well, I've made it through the first week back at school after Christmas break. I must say, I am worn out, but I have actually enjoyed being back. I missed my kids while I was on break. I don't know what I'm going to do when May comes, and they are gone for good! I am halfway through my first year teaching, and I already feel like I have learned more in this half a year than I did in all 4 years of college combined, and I am so thankful for this experience. I love my job, I love my kids. It is HARD work, and things don't always go how I would like them to go, but I have come to the conclusion that I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now. 

     I have worked late everyday this week. We technically get off at 3:15, but no one actually leaves then, I usually leave around 3:45 or 4, but this week I have been staying until closer to 5. There's just so much work to be done! That has made it hard on Rylee, though, so I have been making sure that when I am at home, she has my attention at all times. She's acted out a little this week, but she will get used to me working soon.
           I sure am glad it's the weekend, though! I have missed this baby girl. She is so full of life, she just fills me with joy. I love her more every single day! I have kissed her and hugged her about a million times today. That's what I like about being a working mom. I never take my time with her for granted, even when I have breaks, I know they will end and I will go back to work, so I never take my time with her for granted. She is growing up way too fast as it is, I can't waste a single minute that I have to make memories with her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment