Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Easy Chicken Crockpot Recipes


     I use my blog to record memories for my little family. I have them printed into books each year, and I hope in the future the girls will find pleasure in opening those books and reading about their childhood adventures... Something I want them to remember as they grow up is their mother's love for cooking. I truly love to cook, especially now, on summer break, when I have time for it. But often during the school year, I do not have the time, and that's when my crockpot gets A LOT of use. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite chicken crockpot recipes so when my girls are older and off saving the world or being president or whatever they become, they can find some old favorites that are EASY to make and yummy to enjoy. All of these recipes involve boneless skinless chicken breast because it is what we prefer, but any cut of chicken or porkchops would taste great in any of these recipes.
Chicken with Potatoes in Mushroom & Celery Gravy
Ingredients:
3-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts  (depending on size of the breast and how many people you are serving)
1 tbsp butter
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp onion powder
3-5 peeled potatoes sliced or cut into fourths

Directions:
-Mix cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, red pepper flakes, seasoning salt, and onion powder in crockpot.
-Coat chicken breasts in butter (I use a spoon and just spread the butter onto the chicken breast - this keeps the meat from drying out in the crockpot all day) and add the soup mixture in crockpot
-Add potatoes to crockpot.
-Cook in crock pot on low heat for 8-10  hours if chicken is frozen, 6-8 hours for thawed.

Italian Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
3-5 Boneless skinless chicken breasts  (depending on size of the breast and how many people you are serving)
1 tbsp Butter
1 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
1 tbsp Lemon juice (optional)

Directions:
-Coat chicken breasts in butter (I use a spoon and just spread the butter onto the chicken breast - this keeps the meat from drying out in the crockpot all day) and place in the crockpot.
-Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. 
-Pour Zesty Italian dressing and lemon juice over the seasoned chicken breast.
-Cook in crock pot on low heat for 6-8  hours if chicken is frozen, 4-6 hours for thawed.

BBQ Chicken Breasts
Ingredients:
3-5 Boneless skinless chicken breasts  (depending on size of the breast and how many people you are serving)
1 tbsp Butter
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup water

Directions:
-Coat chicken breasts in butter (I use a spoon and just spread the butter onto the chicken breast - this keeps the meat from drying out in the crockpot all day) and place in the crockpot.
-Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper and red pepper flakes. 
-Pour BBQ sauce and water over the seasoned chicken breast.
-Cook in crock pot on low heat for 6-8  hours if chicken is frozen, 4-6 hours for thawed.

     Didn't I tell you these were easy?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment