Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

       I started out my Mother's Day celebration by attending Pre-K's "Pastries for Parents" breakfast on Friday morning. I also had to register Rylee Love for kindergarten on Friday, so my emotions were all over the place. I ate with Rylee Love and Bailey since Mary couldn't make it due to work. These girls love each other so. After the breakfast, the students sang songs for their parents, and it was the cutest thing.
    Saturday morning I slept in until 10! Then after I got ready, we headed to iHop for brunch. It was absolutely delicious, and even better a sweet elderly couple picked up or tab for us. It brings me joy to see complete starngers showing such kindness. It shows there are still some good people left in the world. Saturday evening we went to a cookout at Mary and Bailey's new house. After the wedding, Chuck and Brantley will be moving in. It is such a nice house. We had a really good time.
     This morning, we got up and got ready for church. My one wish was to get a great photo of me with my girls and Ryan definitely made that wish come true! I love the sweet shot he got of us this morning.
    At church we dedicated the girls to the Lord. We promised to be Godly parents and good role models for them in hopes that one day they will each develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It was a perfect way to spend Mother's Day! When we got home, the girls gave me their gifts. I love, love, love handmade gifts. They are so precious to me!
    Payton is not feeling well now. Ryan has taken her to Urgent Care with 103 fever and wheezing, but other than that it has been a perfect mother's day. Motherhood has it's ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I feel so blessed to be "mommy" to these two special treasures, and I hope they always know and always feel how deeply I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment