Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Monday, December 23, 2013

3 Months

     Payton Joy will be 3 Months Old on Christmas day! She is growing up on me! She is about 14 lbs and 23 in long. She wears size 3-6 month clothing and size 2 diapers, but she can still fit into newborn size shoes. Little miss tiny feet! Ha! When she's drinking a bottle, she can put down 6 oz of breastmilk easily. Obviously, I don't know how many oz she drinks when she nurses. She eats about every 3-4 hours. She's not really on a schedule, I just feed her when she lets me know she's hungry. She goes to bed around 7 pm, and when we have school, she gets up around 5:30 am, otherwise, she will happily stay in bed until 7 or 8 am. She usually gets up once or twice during the night. Sometime around 11pm-2 am, and then once more in the early morning hours depending on what time she got up the first time. She still sleeps swaddled in her packnplay in our bedroom, but we are transitioning her to her crib soon. I think she will sleep better in her crib, she seems to find it more comfortable than her packnplay.
      I love this age, she is getting more and more reactive and playful everyday. She smiles a million times a day. She has great neck control and has started playing in some toys that require her to sit or stand. I'm careful not to let her spend too much time in these toys just yet, though. I don't want her to hurt her little neck! She and Rylee are 2 peas in a pod. Rylee loves to read to Payton, and she especially loves to have Payton come sit in one of her toys in the playroom while Rylee is playing. They are so darn sweet together sometimes I think my heart is going to explode!
    It seems like just yesterday, we were heading to the hospital to have her, I can't believe it has already been 3 months. I love this sweet girl more every single day, and I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment