Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Monday, December 2, 2013

Happy Birthday to me & my Birthday Buddy

      I've had the pleasure of sharing my last 4 birthdays with this little man. My birthday is December 2, his is the 3rd. He was born the day after my twenty-first, and we've been sharing our special days ever since. The day he was born was one of the best days of my life, and it was the greatest gift ever to be able to witness his birth. Ever since then he has been my little man, and my birthday buddy. I love him like he is one of my own babies, and I adore watching him grow into such an amazing little person. He is the most well behaved kid I know, and he has such an amazing personality. He can put a smile on anyone's face in a heartbeat. I love you, Kaden Scott Jones! I can't believe you're already turning 3!
      So all weekend we have been celebrating our birthdays! Friday night, we had a mini birthday party for me. My mom made homemade pizza, we spent time together as a family, and I got presents and oreo pie. It was a blast.
      Saturday was Kade-man's party. We got him a giant monster truck, just like he asked us to. :) It was a little cold, but all the kids had a blast playing at the park. It was definitely the perfect location for his firetruck party! He got so many amazing gifts. We went over his house to play with them all after the party.
     Today is my birthday. It should be against the rules for a birthday to land on a Monday, but otherwise it was a great day. Ryan got me the newest season of Big Bang Theory on DVD and the girls got me a card. We went out to dinner, and Kade-man chose Los Portales. That boy loves him some "big quesadillas!" :) I had a blast having dinner with all of the people I love the most!
     This is me. 24 years young. I feel so incredibly blessed. At 24, I have an AMAZING husband, 2 beautiful, precious baby girls, a career that is also my calling in life, and 2 incredible sisters that keep me smiling no matter what, not to mention so many other people I love that mean the world to me. I would say I've done pretty well for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment