Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Saturday, December 21, 2013

Passing Down Holiday Traditions

       One of my absolute favorite holiday traditions growing up was making and decorating Christmas cookies. We would dye my mom's homemade icing all sorts of pretty colors and decorate dozens of cookies. I wanted to pass this holiday traditions along to Rylee and eventually Payton because I always loved it so much. We invited Kade and Bailey over for the fun, and fun it was.
      So, I used store-bought icing and we only made 1 batch of cookies instead of batch after batch after batch, but it turned out even better than I imagined. The kids participated in every step of the process, mixing the dough, using the cookie cutters, and of course decorating with icing and candy. I love how the cookies turned out: too cute! And, of course, they had to taste test the sweets as they went along. I think Bailey ate half of the tub of icing, and Rylee and Kade were eating the mini m&m's by the handful, but that's the best part!
     After we were done, the kids were all smiles. I love passing along holiday traditions and starting new ones of our own with these sweet kiddos. I have no desire to have 6 children of my own, but I love how our kids are getting to grow up experiencing what it is like to be part of a big family. I love their bond and I adore watching how it grows stronger and stronger over time. Having a houseful of kids at the holidays makes them all the more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment