Lamentations 3:40

"Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."



Saturday, November 23, 2013

1 Week Down...

     I survived my first week as a working mother of 2! Monday was very hard, but it got a little easier each day. The mornings were crazy trying to get out the door, and sad when I had to kiss my babies goodbye, but once I got in my classroom each day, it was just fine. I love my job, and I am blessed to have 19 sweet kindergartners who make every day an adventure. "My kids" were extremely sweet this week and they really are an amazing group. I was so impressed at how much they've learned and grown since I was with them last. The brain of a child is an amazing thing. I had my first formal evaluation this week, and we also had a Thanksgiving feast and a "Indian" day. It was a crazy week, but a lot of fun.
     The hardest thing about his week was the lack of sleep. During my leave, my alarm was set for 7:15 each day to get Rylee ready for preschool. This week my alarm was set for 5 each morning. I really missed those 2 extra hours of sleep each day. Each night, I came home got dinner ready, ate, bathed the girls, showered, and then went to bed. There was very little down time, and it was very tiring. It was easier when I had time to get things done during the day, and time to play when Rylee got home, but we will adjust to this new routine. Ryan is a HUGE help and an amazing partner, and I know I wouldn't be able to do this without him! Even thought this week was difficult, I am so thankful that I have a job that is my true calling. I know without a doubt that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I may be sleep deprived, stressed, and crazy, but I'm also content.
      As much as I love my job, I do love my sweet babies more, and I am very thankful to have the whole week off to spend with them for the Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment